Frequently Asked Questions
We hope that you find your answers here, but if not then please contact us
Our online program is now a major part of what we do at Choirs4kids
We do offer ‘in-person’ workshops in Perth, Australia.
Being online means we are able to reach more singers in areas that we aren’t able to get to normally.
Being online means your child can sing even if they are too unwell to attend a class, or if you are going away on holiday.
Being online means your child can bring their toys to class, can share their news, can bring their siblings.
Being online means YOU can relax and enjoy some free time!
Do I need anything special to join this?
- Our weekly singing classes are live on Zoom.
- You will need to register for our sessions.
- It is ideal for your child to have access to a space which is clear of trip hazards, family pets, other siblings and food. All of these things cause distraction and unwanted noise for others in the class.
- They will also need access to a computer or ipad with home internet for the best experience.
- A set of headphones/earphones for clarity are recommended for the older students.
- Other people in the household are advised to refrain from watching online TV (Netflix or heavy internet usage etc) as this does affect the internet experience for our zoom lessons.
- Please note that all other activities taking place in your house at the same time may be seen/heard! Sometimes it is best to have a quiet space for your child without distractions of phone calls/other classes happening at the same time.
- Please note lessons will be recorded.
Do the singers actually sing together in real time?
- We sing together muted and un-muted in our ZoomSing sessions.
- We provide opportunities for the students to sing solo and demonstrate parts of their learning.
- We also have fun and try the singing together ‘un-muted’ for some suitable songs. However – the technology to allow us to sing together at the same time doesn’t exsist yet and so most of our singing is whilst the students are ‘muted’.
- It is quite easy to tell if they kids are singing the right song even when they are muted and we check in often to ask them to share their singing with us.
What do we do in ZoomSing?
- There are weekly zoom sessions which are live and you will be given all the links you need to register once you have enrolled.
- Your child will receive online tuition, games, connection, singing tips and technique, weekly warm ups and activities to do at home.
- Our songs are varied and fun! Some examples are:
Joeys: Bingo, Ants go marching, Kentucky, Tingalayo, Cheeky Monkey
Roos: Bare Necessities, Spoonful of Sugar, Roar, Choir, Top of the world
Stars: Fireflies, Sing Together, Hello, and more Disney
What do we do in FaceSing?
- The monthly FaceSing workshops (local in Perth, Australia) are when we can get together and sing our songs, work on technique, play games and meet our new online friends.
- Currently these are our only options for ‘in-person’ singing. And we find that these workshops and online singing sessions give the children the best of both worlds.
Why don't you meet weekly in person?
- Since Covid 19 we have seen how AMAZING the children have responded to our online sessions. They are more engaged, less tired and more able to communicate with us during the class. We wanted to allow them to go home after school and be free to sing with us, without the need to still be in a ‘school-type’ environment.
- It has also been amazing to be able to reach singers who do not have access to music, no choirs, no singing direction as they live too far away or have been refused from their school choir.
How do we learn the songs?
- All of our classes have weekly video tutorials to learn the songs and certain vocal techniques. These videos are provided in our members area after enrolment is made.
What happens if we miss a lesson?
- All of our sessions are recorded and posted into our members portal so that you may watch at your leisure after our sessions. This means your child doesn’t miss out and can watch the class again and again!
- You are welcome to contact us in advance if you know you are going to miss a lesson and we can offer you a make up session in another class (subject to availability)
What experience do you have?
- You are welcome to read all about me on the homepage, however 20+ years as a music educator and I have been running my own business for the past 4 years….and I LOVE IT. The online part of the program is relatively new, however we have a good amount of experience in the IT world too. For us it is about connection for these students first and foremost. For that – I have bundles of experience.
Will it help my child be happy?
- I really hope it will!
Our experience so far with the online classes have shown that the students are really engaged, loving the kids-connection and having lots of fun. Read some testimonials on the facebook community group: https://www.facebook.com/
Do you offer a Trial Class?
- Yes! Please get in contact via the contact form or the chat button and we can discuss the options with you
Which online class should my child join?
- This is really just a guide as you know your child best! You are welcome to change after a couple of sessions if the class isn’t working out for you. Just drop us an email and we’ll switch you over!
- Singing Joeys for age 4 to 6 yr olds, Singing Roos for 7 to 9 yr olds, VividStars for 10 to 15 yr olds.
What is the refund policy?
- As our online program has such a low cost for each block of lessons, we do not have our usual pro-rata payment so there are limited refund options.
- If a refund is requested BEFORE the first class of the term, a full refund will be offered.
- If after just ONE class of the term, a refund, less $10, will be offered (due to admin costs)
- If after FOUR classes of the term, no refund is offered. You may defer the term if you wish or gift to a friend.
- No refunds if joining from Week 6 (see ‘can I join at any time’)
Can I join at any time during the term?
- Yes you may join even after term has started.
- Payment is the same no matter when you join as you will have access to all resource videos.
- No refunds offered from week 6
I want to sing too!
- Great! You are welcome to come along to our adult online singing groups. Find out more at https://facebook.com/groups/V2online/