Online Choir FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
We hope that you find your answers here, but if not then please contact us
How long is the online program running for?
We will be continuing our online singing groups even after Covid19 has been and gone.
We will also be running our ‘in-person’ classes again in Perth, Australia.
This means we will be able to reach more singers in areas that we aren’t able to get to normally.
Do I need anything special to join this?
- Our weekly singing classes are live on Zoom.
- You will need to register for our sessions.
- It is ideal for your child to have access to a space which is clear of trip hazards, family pets, other siblings and food. All of these things cause distraction and unwanted noise for others in the class.
- They will also need access to a computer or ipad with home internet for the best experience.
- A set of headphones/earphones for clarity are recommended for the older students.
- Other people in the household are advised to refrain from watching online TV (Netflix or heavy internet usage etc) as this does affect the internet experience for our zoom lessons.
What do we do in this program?
- There are weekly zoom sessions which are live and you will be given all the links you need to register once you have enrolled.
- Your child will receive online tuition, games, connection, singing tips and technique, weekly warm ups and activities to do at home.
- Our songs are varied and fun! Some examples are:
Joeys: Bingo, Ants go marching, Kentucky, Tingalayo, Cheeky Monkey
Roos: Bare Necessities, Spoonful of Sugar, Roar, Choir, Top of the world
Stars: Fireflies, Sing Together, Hello, and more Disney
What experience do you have?
- You are welcome to read all about me on the homepage, however 20+ years as a music educator and I have been running my own business for the past 4 years….and I LOVE IT. The online part of the program is relatively new, however we have a good amount of experience in the IT world too. For us it is about connection for these students first and foremost. For that – I have bundles of experience.
Will it help my child be happy?
- I really hope it will!
Our experience so far with the online classes have shown that the students are really engaged, loving the kids-connection and having lots of fun. Read some testimonials on the facebook community group: https://www.facebook.com/
Do you offer a Trial Class?
- Yes! Please get in contact via the contact form or the chat button and we can discuss the options with you
Which online class should my child join?
- This is really just a guide as you know your child best! You are welcome to change after a couple of sessions if the class isn’t working out for you. Just drop us an email and we’ll switch you over!
- Singing Joeys for age 4 to 6 yr olds, Singing Roos for 7 to 9 yr olds, VividStars for 10 to 15 yr olds.
What is the refund policy?
- As our online program has such a low cost for Term Two, we do not have our usual pro-rata payment so there are limited refund options.
- If a refund is requested BEFORE the first class of the term, a full refund will be offered.
- If after just ONE class of the term, a refund, less $10, will be offered (due to admin costs)
- If after TWO classes of the term, no refund is offered. You may defer the term if you wish or gift to a friend.
- No refunds if joining after Week 6 (see ‘can I join at any time’)
Can I join at any time during the term?
- Yes you may join even after term has started.
- Payment is as follows:
Weeks 1 to 5 full price @$40, $50, $60
Weeks 6 to 10 half price $20, $25, $30
- No refunds offered if joining after Week 6.
I want to sing too!
- Great! You are welcome to come along to our adult online singing groups. Find out more at https://facebook.com/groups/V2online/